How It Works
Collaborative Physician Partners is a sister organization of DNP Consulting, LLC. CPP is a Management Service Organization (MSO) that assists Physicians and Advanced Practice Nurses (such as Nurse Practitioners and Clinical Nurse Specialists), in establishing and maintaining state-required collaborative or supervision relationships. CPP is a community partner of DNP Consulting, LLC.
CPP understands the importance of clinical supervision, professional mentorship, and transition to practice agreements. We understand the shortage of healthcare providers has created an urgent and ongoing need to support Advanced Practice Nurses in their roles as primary and specialty care providers.
How Our Service Works:
ALL Physicians are in the independent practice of medicine. They are not employees or contractors of CPP.
Physicians set their own monthly fees. We charge a minimal fee per month in addition to the physician fee as a headhunting/recruiter fee. Our monthly fee gets bundled into the physician rate and APRN is invoiced the full amount each month.
When an APRN hires CPP as their collaborating physician recruiter, the APRN is under no obligation to work with the physician that CPP presents you with, and if after the call you would like us to try to find you someone else we certainly can.
Why Do We Charge a Monthly Fee:
All headhunting & recruiting firms charge a fee for their services. Generally, these fees are a percentage (12%-20%) of the first year revenue of a provider which is then paid to the first at once.
WE DO NOT WORK THAT WAY.
We charge a minimal monthly fee that is ongoing for as long as you work with one of our affiliate physicians.
What Do You Get For Our Monthly Fee:
This includes work that has taken place before you ever meet your physician. This includes cold calling and/or advertising fees that were used to recruit your physician, our interview with the physician, and our background checks on the physicians' licenses. We work hard to find physicians that are APRN-allies and understand that many of the state supervision laws are antiquated. None of the Collaborative Physician Partners affiliated physicians should ever use derogatory terms like "mid-level provider" or "physician extender".
For Advanced Practice Registered Nurses Providers:
1. Submit your CV and statement of intent HERE. Be sure to include the state in which you are requesting collaboration or supervision.
2. Your CV will be reviewed by our team and forwarded to physicians deemed appropriate based on physician specialty and state laws.
3. A video chat interview will be scheduled with any interested physician.
4. You and the Physician will sign all state-required documents.
5. CPP will schedule any required recurring supervision sessions and chart reviews.
6. In addition to a monthly fee for the physician's time, APRNs maybe will be responsible for paying any physician initial state licensing, state renewal, DEA, and/or malpractice insurance rate increase incurred by the physician directly related to your supervision/collaboration. This will be discussed in greater detail during your call. *Not all physicians require this additional fee*
For Physicians (MD/DO):
CPP physicians are independent contractors and continue to engage in the independent practice of medicine.
1. Submit a statement of interest HERE.
2. CPP will forward you the CVs of APPs within your specialty or area of interest requesting formal collaboration or supervision.
3. CPP will schedule an introductory interview between you and the APP through video.
4. After your approval CPP will compile any state-required documents and forward to all parties for signature.
5. CPP will manage your supervision schedule, organize any charts for review, and other needed administrative tasks.